How to Lead a Squad

Obol is recruiting the next generation of Ethereum staking leaders. With the upcoming 7-Week Techne Credential wave starting soon, we’re inviting you to become a Squad Leader. Squad Leaders will be members who are enrolled in the Techne Program like everyone else, but are interested in potentially being the leader of one of the DV Clusters. These are ideally community members who have previous Ethereum staking experience, DevOps experience or IT hardware infrastructure experience. With that said, anyone can volunteer as a Squad Leader!

Starting now, you can volunteer as a Squad Leader by filling in the template below and posting it as a new post within the General Community and Education category of the Obol Network Forum.

Leaders will have the opportunity of becoming a Junior Technical Ambassador after successfully leading a squad.

Squad Leader Volunteer Template

General Info

Name or Username:

Location or Timezone:

Spoken Languages:

Preferred Communication Channel (Telegram, Discord, Email, etc):

Interest in speaking on a Squad Leader Discord Event:

Reason for wanting to Lead a Squad:

Staking Setup

Previous Experience with Staking / DevOps / Hardware Infrastructure:

Hardware (or cloud infrastructure) I plan to run my Obol DV on:

Currently a Techne Credential Holder (Yes/No):

2 Likes

Name or Username: DVT_Obol

Location or Timezone: UTC+8

Spoken Languages: Chinese

Preferred Communication Channel (Telegram, Discord, Email, etc):
Discord handle: eth10000_40858

Interest in speaking on a Squad Leader Discord Event:

Reason for wanting to Lead a Squad:
I have participated in the node construction of eth2.0 and eigenda node. In addition, I have participated in multiple rounds of testing of obol and multiple rounds of testing of lido.

Staking Setup
Previous Experience with Staking / DevOps / Hardware Infrastructure:
I have participated in the construction of eth2.0 nodes and the construction of eigenda nodes. In addition, I have participated in multiple rounds of testing of obol and multiple rounds of testing of lido.

Hardware (or cloud infrastructure) I plan to run my Obol DV on:
Vultr, Hetzner

Currently a Techne Credential Holder (Yes/No): Yes

1 Like

Anthony,

talking to greenpill and he asked me to present a couple of ideas we were discussing to get your thoughts.

many members of our group - stakecat - are at least 50 percent time crypto but we are incredibly busy with our projects and running nodes for various chains. would you consider ‘team squad leaders’ perhaps ? two to three ‘leaders’ with a variety of skill sets. would help distribute workload as well as cover multiple time zones. I’d love to volunteer but on my own I worry about over-committing myself.

second my particular skill set is now focusing more on the hardware /infrastructure side of things. i am currently setting up a high availability cluster for our group to get away from the 1:1 resource model most solo stakers employ. I think it’s a niche skill set but could be valuable to other teams.
potentially i could volunteer as a '‘virtualization consultant’. We have some fantastic performance data and it will be complete over the next month or two. So far our results are promising utilizing a 100 percent open source software stack.

let me know your thoughts. On behalf of myself and StakeCat we forward to working with Obol in any capacity that is most beneficial. thank you, YS

This “Squad Leader” program is a new phenomenon and we want to go in the direction that works best for the community. I like your idea and I would definitely say give it a try! Looking forward to reading your Discourse post :]

@yspud

General Info

Name or Username: snap

Location or Timezone: europe

Spoken Languages: english

Preferred Communication Channel (Telegram, Discord, Email, etc): telegram/discord

Reason for wanting to Find a Squad: participate in the program

Staking Setup

Previous Experience with Staking / DevOps /

Very experienced with multiple nodes on testnests and some mainnets. Also currently using Obol on mainnet on another project.

Hardware Infrastructure:

Hardware (or cloud infrastructure) I plan to run my Obol DV on: 16 core CPU, 64gb ram, 4 tb hd

Currently a Techne Credential Holder (Yes/No): No

Just posted my application on General Community and Education category.